The official website for the television anime adaptation of TYPE-MOON and Yuichiro Higashide‘s Fate/Apocrypha novels began streaming a television commercial for the series on Sunday. The „Ruler” video is the first of three themed commercials for the anime. (Note: The linked video on the official website is region-locked to Japan.)
The second commercial, which will have a „Black Faction/Red Faction” theme, will premiere on June 17, followed by the „Opening of the Holy Grail War” commercial on June 24.
The anime will premiere on Tokyo MX, BS11, Gunma TV, and Tochigi TV on July 1 at 24:00 (effectively 12:00 a.m. on July 2). It will then debut on MBS on July 4 at 27:30 (effectively 3:30 a.m. on July 5). The series will begin exclusively streaming on Netflix on July 3.
The website also revealed the second key visual:
The anime will have a special advance screening event for the first two episodes at Tokyo’s Shinjuku Wald 9 theater on June 30. Voice actors Natsuki Hanae, Maaya Sakamoto, Kouki Uchiyama, Makoto Furukawa, and Rumi Ookubo will participate in a talk show at the event. In addition, Furukawa and Ookubo will appear on the Fate/Apocrypha Radio Trifas! web radio program, which will debut on the Internet radio station Onsen on June 23.
The show stars:
- Maaya Sakamoto as Ruler
- Natsuki Hanae as Sieg
- Junichi Suwabe as Saber of Black
- Kouki Uchiyama as Shirō Kotomine
- Miyuki Sawashiro as Saber of Red
- Saori Hayami as Archer of Red
- Koji Yusa as Lancer of Red
- Makoto Furukawa as Rider of Red
- Tetsu Inada as Caster of Red
- Satoshi Tsuruoka as Berserker of Red
- Kei Shindou as Assassin of Red
- Shunsuke Takeuchi as Archer of Black
- Ryotaro Okiayu as Lancer of Black
- Rumi Ookubo as Rider of Black
- Mitsuru Miyamoto as Caster of Black
- Ai Nonaka as Berserker of Black
- Sakura Tange as Assassin of Black
- Higashide himself is in charge of the anime’s series scripts, and Yoshiyuki Asai (Charlotte) is directing at A-1 Pictures. Yūkei Yamada is adapting Ototsugu Konoe‘s original character designs for animation. Masaru Yokoyama (The Lost Village, Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, Nobunaga Concerto) is composing music.
EGOIST will perform the opening theme song „Eiyū Unmei no Uta” (The Song of a Hero’s Fate), and GARNiDELiA will perform the ending theme song.
In the story, there was once a Holy Grail War waged by seven Mages and Heroic Spirits in a town called Fuyuki. However, a certain Mage took advantage of the chaos of World War II to steal a Holy Grail. Several decades have passed, and the Yggdmillennia family, who took upon the Holy Grail as its symbol, defected from the Mages’ Association and declared their independence. Furious, the Association sent a force to deal with the Yggdmillennia, but they were defeated by the summoned Servants. With the Holy Grail War system changed, war at an unprecedented scale, with seven versus seven, breaks out. And so, the curtain rises on the epoch-making Great Holy Grail War.